We need as many cadets, parents and Navy League members to join our new tool called Discord so that we can keep in contact. We are going to have fun facts, games, trivia and much more other stuff as well. Prizes will be awarded and given when we get back or maybe before hand as well. Please get as many people to join as possible.
Download the app either on desktop (Windows, Mac or Linux) or on your phone (iOS or Android) and use the code https://discord.gg/utv8Y63 to join our server. This is going to be a great way for us to continue to interact and have some fun, please get as many people to join as possible, pass the word.
All parents, cadets and Navy League members please join!!!!!
During this time that we are going to be away from the corps and training, we would like to keep in touch with everyone. To that end the staff have decided to use a tool called Discord to accomplish this. This app will allow us to communicate with each other and even have little competitions. Parents, cadets and league members are all asked to join. You can use this on your computer (Windows, Mac and Linux) and your phone (iOS or Android). Please note that this does use cell data if you are not on wifi.
Please take some time to download the app and register and use the following code to join the RCSCC Warspite channel: https://discord.gg/utv8Y63. Once you have registered please change your nickname:
- Cadets: Rank LastName, First Initial (i.e. PO2 Bloggins, J).
- Parents: Mr./Mrs/Ms LastName, First Initial (i.e. Mrs. Smith, R)
- Navy League Members: NL LastName, First Initial (i.e. NL Reading, T)
Once you have done all of that then you will get approval to start using the channel. If you have any issues please contact the CO at email@example.com.
ALL CADET ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL 3 APRIL 2020.
Just released by the Department of National Defence, that all cadet related activities are cancelled until Friday April 3, 2020. Please see the document below.
CADET PROGRAM CANCELLATION (3 WEEKS)
Refs: A. CATO 14-06 Training or Recreational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 010/20
1. In response to developments in the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has CANCELLED ALL CADET ACTIVITIES, including local training, for three weeks effective immediately. Prior to Friday, April 03, 2020, further direction will be provided, including the potential for this cancellation to be extended.
2. The National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group (Natl CJCR Sp Gp) has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector. As such, CANCDTGEN 010/20 was released on March 12, 2020 issuing amplifying direction related to the execution of Cadet and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) activities, and preventative measures to better protect CAF members, cadets and JCRs and their families from COVID-19.
3. The safety and welfare of all who participate in our programs is always our top priority, as such we take very seriously our responsibility to protect cadets from any real or apparent health or safety concern.
4. The Natl CJCR Sp Gp is collaborating with Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
Announcement - 10-March-2020
Training will again be at 335 Gage St. The dress will be C4 (STU)'s .
Parents -We are still in need of Raffle donations and food donations for our upcoming Spring Dance fundraiser on March 21st. Tickets are still available as well!!! We will also need help setting up on the afternoon of that Saturday. Anyone who can donate, help, or is looking for tickets, please contact Vicki Green @ firstname.lastname@example.org
COAST GUARD DAY
The corps will be travelling to Hamilton on Friday March 20 to visit the Canadian Coast Guard. The bus timings are approximate at this time, 0800 and 1600 at our ship (these may change, please see alerts and website for updates).
Saturday March 21st at the Moose Lodge from 7pm to 1am, this is a 19+ event and a big fundraiser for our corps. Please contact Vicki Green (email@example.com) or Ron Griffin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for tickets, $15 each.
No range practice this week or next week. Last competition will be on March 26th and then a fun shoot on April 2.
Friday March 13 at the CYDC in Breslau, 1830 to 2030, come out and have some fun, only need 1 - 2 more for a team at competition. There is NO guard practice on Friday March 20.
There is NO band practice on Monday March 16, practice resume Monday March 23 from 1820 to 2130. Make sure to work on your music at home, competition is coming up quickly.
There is no training on Tuesday March 17, due to the March break. Regular training resumes on Tuesday March 24 and dress will be appropriate civilian attire.